Saturday, 18 February 2017 | MYT 12:25 AM
North Korea will reject autopsy report, says ambassador
KUALA LUMPUR: North Korea has accused the Malaysian government of being in cahoots with Pyongyang's enemies over the assassination of Kim Jong-nam, the half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
Ambassador Kang Chol (pix), who broke his silence Friday night since Jong-nam was killed at KL International Airport 2 on Monday, told reporters that North Korea would "reject the outcome of the post-mortem on its citizen."
"This is a violation of the human rights of our citizen," he said outside the Hospital Kuala Lumpur mortuary
In a statement distributed to the media, Kang also accused Malaysia of refusing to hand over Jong-nam's body despite earlier agreeing to release the body after the proper paperwork had been submitted.
"We have submitted it but the Malaysian side did not answer.
"This strongly suggests that the Malaysian side is trying to conceal something and deceive us and that they are colluding with the hostile forces who are desperate to harm us," he said.
Kang urged the Malaysian government not to be entangled in a political plot and to release the body and the results of the post-mortem immediately, failing which Pyongyang would take the matter to the international court.
Here is ambassador Kang's statement (in verbatim):
"Malaysian side initially informed our embassy that a DPRK citizen was dead due to a heart attack while he was on the evacuation to the Putrajaya Hospital and requested us to confirm that he is a DPRK citizen. We confirmed it.
Then they claimed a postmortem on him that we rejected because he is a diplomatic passport holder and our citizen who is under the consular protection of the DPRK.
But, the Malaysian side forced the postmortem without our permission and witnessing, we will categorically reject the result of the postmortem conducted unilaterally excluding our attendance.
This is the culmination of the violation of the human rights of and infringing upon our citizen disregarding the elementary international laws and the consular laws.
After concluding the postmortem the Malaysian police side said that they would release the body which they didn't need any more if we submit a document through Wisma Putra (MFA) and Wisma Putra too requested us to do it and we did it.
But Malaysian side did not answer after one day passed since then.
Today I met with the high officer of the Malaysian Police and strongly demanded him to release the body without further delay but he rejected our demand raising the issue which has nothing to do with clarification of the cause of death.
This strongly suggests that the Malaysian side is trying to conceal something which needs more time and deceive us and that they are colluding with the hostile forces towards us who are desperate to harm us of malice.
We doubt whether the Malaysian side was asked to do like this by someone else.
The South Korean puppet authorities are desperate to escape from their miserable state of the largest ever political scandal.
They are distorting the public opinion resorting to the tricky plots to defame the image of the DPRK with this incident.
The public opinion of the South Korean people, too, are suspicious that the conservative forces might mop up this incident to save the Park Geun Hye regime and to find out an excuse to force the "THAAD" deployment which has been strongly opposed within and without.
That's why we strongly urge and demand the Malaysian side not to be entangled in a political plot of the hostile forces and to release the body and the result of the postmortem to us without further delay.
We don't see this incident simple, further we will not tolerate at all the attitude of the Malaysian side in collusion with the hostile forces towards our Republic.
We will respond strongly to the moves of the hostile forces towards us with their intent to besmirch the image of our Republic by politicising this incident and sue file this to the International Court."