More in news

News

Wednesday, 13 June 2018 | MYT 12:39 PM

NFC boss drags Rafizi back to court over his refusal to take down articles

KUALA LUMPUR: National Feedlot Corporation Sdn Bhd (NFCorp) chairman Datuk Dr Mohamad Salleh Ismail (pic) and NFCorp will proceed with contempt proceedings against Mohd Rafizi Ramli after the PKR vice president refused to remove articles posted online.

The committal filed was over two articles published in his blog and four articles at keadilandaily.com, which are said to be related to NFCorp.

Mohamad Salleh and NFCorp's lawyer Noor Farhah Mustaffa said the parties involved failed to reach a settlement out of court.

"Rafizi's lawyer Ng Siau San informed the court that his client disagreed with several conditions, including to remove the articles from his blog.

"The court later fixed Aug 24 for the committal hearing," she said after meeting High Court judge Justice Nik Hasmat Nik Mohamad in chambers Wednesday (June 13).

Mohamad Salleh and NFCorp obtained leave to cite Rafizi for contempt on May 23 last year.

High Court Judicial Commissioner Azizul Azmi Adnan had on Nov 1, 2016, ordered Rafizi to pay RM150,000 in damages to Mohamad Salleh and another RM50,000 to the company over a statement on a loan to buy KL Eco City property.

In his statement of claim, Mohamad Salleh said that on March 7, 2012, Rafizi made a defamatory statement at a press conference at the PKR headquarters on the purchase of KL Eco City property and the news was published in news portal Malaysiakini on the same day.

He said he had suffered losses as a result of the lies, misleading information, exposure of confidential banking information and slander by the defendants.