More in news

News

Wednesday, 24 January 2018 | MYT 12:00 AM

Smartphone explodes after man gives it a bite

Compiled by FATIMAH ZAINAL, ALLISON LAI and R. ARAVINTHAN 

A MAN bit into a smartphone to check if it was a fake – and it almost took him out instead – it exploded.

Fortunately, he had already re­­moved it from his mouth when it went off, Oriental Daily reported.

The daily said camera footage outside a phone shop in China last Friday went viral on social media.

In the recording, a young man is shown standing in front of a shop counter checking out an iPhone.

He then suddenly put the phone into his mouth and bit on it.

As soon as he removed it from his mouth, the phone exploded, sending bystanders scurrying to safety.

The man was shocked but unhurt.

 

> Chinese social media was also abuzz lately over a wedding video featuring a 23-year-old groom and his rich 38-year-old bride, China Press reported.

The wedding reportedly took place on Jan 10 in Qionghai city, Hai­­nan province.

The bride also has a 14-year-old son and is only slightly younger than her father-in-law and mother-in-law, who are 41 and 39 respectively.

The groom’s parents initially objected to the marriage, but gave their blessings after the bride offered a five million yuan (RM3mil) dowry.

 

The above articles are compiled from the vernacular newspapers (Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese and Tamil dailies). As such, stories are grouped according to the respective language/medium. Where a paragraph begins with a >, it denotes a separate news item.